Monday, October 24, 2011

Jordan Village Niagara

I love discovering new places.

Hubby and myself attended a family wedding in Jordan Village on Sunday.  I was convinced that the wedding celebration was being held at Niagara-on-the-Lake so when our GPS failed to locate the address; I was feeling curious.



I've never heard of Jordan Village and was pleasantly surprised to find a quaint rural village in the midst of Niagara wineries in the heart of the Twenty Valley.  



Several historical 19th-century houses are situated along the Main Street as well as an assortment of restaurants; galleries and boutiques.  What the village is lacking in size it makes up for in its quaintness.

The wedding dinner was held at Inn on The Twenty Restaurant, which according to its webpage is consistently rated as one of the finest winery restaurants in Canada.  





Dinner was fantastic.  For starters we were served individual quiches, followed by handcut papardelle with fresh grape tomatoes.  Lovely indeed!  I had chosen the seared pacific salmon with a truffled potato crust for my main-course and it was divine!  Dessert was a beautifully presented Caramelized Lemon Tart.

The Riesling from local Cave Springs Cellar was a nice compliment to the dinner.   http://www.cavespringcellars.com/visit-us/visiting-the-winery
The winery is adjacent to the restaurant.

It was a beautiful wedding celebration; the bride was glowing and the groom just having arrived from Peru last month was showcasing his Salsa move while he swirled his bride around the dance floor.  It was truly their Moment! 

Perhaps I can convince my girlfriends to do a day-trip  to Jordan Village next spring.

1 comment: