Thursday, March 31, 2011

Roasted Butternut Squash and Pear Soup



We are real soup lovers in our family.

I make sure to cook double batches of soup so that I can freeze some for later use.  My girls love to grab a "container" of soup for their lunches.

Today, I made Roasted Butternut Squash and Pear Soup.  This recipe comes from my friend Diane, who's also a blogger.  She posted this recipe in January 2009.. and I have made  it numerous times since.  Here's a link to the recipe:
http://thingswelove2.blogspot.com/2009/01/comfort-soups.html



I actually added an apple to the recipe today but I didn't notice a difference in taste.  Leeks might  make a nice substitute for the cooking onion as well.  Maybe, I'll try that next time.

I have tried other Butternut Squash soup recipes, but somehow this one stands out.  Perhaps its the combination of roasting the squash first and then the addition of pears that makes it a bit different.   The combination of flavors complement each other perfectly.

A nice homemade soup, I could eat that almost every day.

1 comment:

  1. I just keep visiting this blog from past two years. The posts here are unique and useful than other blog posts. Such a great info provided in this post. Keep providing useful post in this blog. I appreciate author for this valuable post. chocolate course in dubai , chocolate course dubai

    ReplyDelete