Sunday, April 3, 2011

Purple Woods


Yesterday, I met up with my hiking group again.  We started out at Purple Woods Conservations area in North Oshawa, where the annual Maple Syrup Festival was underway.

There were buckets attached to the maple trees to collect sap.  I opened a lid,  took a look inside and said, "there's only rain water in here"..  Well, I learned something new as it turned out to be the sap....

                                                                                     





Most of us enjoyed hot pancakes with maple syrup prior to our actual hike.

The original plans were to walk the trail in this park, but it was closed due to muddy conditions.  So we drove to Heber Down Park in Whitby instead.
 

The morning had been a bit cool, but by noon the sun was shining and it turned out to be a gorgeous day out after all.  We hiked for about an hour; I could have continued on but some of the ladies were huffing and puffing.
 




A few of the ladies told me that they often go home and have a nap after their hikes.  I'm the opposite; My battery gets re-charged and I have to do something...

The last thing I want to do is lie on the couch or have a nap...So what did I do; I cleaned the car!

1 comment:

  1. I love maple syrup! Sounds like a great day. Purple Woods is a wonderful name, too.

    Glad you are getting out and about
    :-)

    ReplyDelete