Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gardening

We love our sailing life and it shows in my garden.  I have basically neglecting to take care of it for the past 5 to 6 years, so this year I decided it was time to simplify my garden.  I spent numerous days fighting a battle with two massive overgrown shrubs that were determined to stay.  I don't give up easy so I pried, pulled, jumped and finally won the battle with the beasts.   Any invasive perennials followed suite as well.
 
I decided on a low maintenance garden with a mix of shrubs, evergreens, some perennials and lots of hostas.

The garden won't look that great this year as the plants haven't filled in yet but I'm enjoying my climbing rose that's currently blooming.



My favorite garden plant is the Annabelle Hydrangea, and I scattered another 6 of them around the garden.  I can't wait to see how they will look when they are in full bloom.

Now, if I could find a magic solutions to all my weeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment