Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter Hike - Durham Forest

 Fantastic morning winter hike at Durham Forest today.

Crispy cold out but it did not deter me or 24 others.


The sun made its appearance through the dense forest of evergreens, glistened on the snow covered paths up ahead, enticing us to keep going.

The sound my shoes make when walking on the snow covered ground is comforting.  Memories of walking to school in below 30 comes to mind.  
 
I feel happy and energized after the 2 hour hike, and the feeling continued throughout the day...

I'm happy I stumbled across the hiking group last February.

1 comment:

  1. is it the crunch, crunch sound snow makes in very very cold weather? Winter can be so beautiful. It sounds like you had an amazing day. thanks for sharing, maybe I will brave the cold winter myself.... eventually.....

    ReplyDelete