Sunday, November 13, 2011

Seaton Trail - Pickering

I finally managed to join my hiking buddies again.

Today we met at Seaton Trail in Pickering which surprise, surprise is only a five-minute drive from my house.  I had no idea we had a trail so close by.  I will definitely make use of this again.




There's something very calming and tranquil of walking in the forest surrounded by trees.  Yesterday, I walked for about two hours in my neighborhood and while it was enjoyable, it does not compare to a nature walk.

There are no sounds from the nearby city.  All one can hear is birds chirping in the distance, the two dogs running loops around us hikers; and the crunching sound of dried leaves being stepped upon.  I wish I could bottle "this feeling" and save it for late.

No comments:

Post a Comment