Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Smörgåsbord of Simple Pleasures

Today was a great day.  I spent part of the day with my 12 year old son, so this is certainly a day to treasure.  He's at the age where friends are preferred over me, so I'm holding on for dear life.  We loaded our folding bikes into the car and drove to Ajax waterfront.  We have a beautiful water frontage that stretches across Ajax www.townofajax.com/page2042.aspx, with a winding Waterfront Trail hugging Lake Ontario's shore line.  We biked west into Pickering and ended up at the Millennium Square, which is at the bottom of Liverpool. www.cityofpickering.com/standard/lifestyle/waterfront/main.html
Pickering has revamped their water frontage over the past few years, and here you'll find a marina, restaurants, ice-cream shop, tea-house, playground and lots of people out taking advantage of  a beautiful summer day.  We enjoyed a "simple pleasure" of ice-cream before we headed back through the Alex Robertson Park where beautiful Wooden Sculptures by artist Dorsey James are scattered throughout the park.

 Later on in the day, I met up with some girlfriends for dinner  a movie. We watched Julie & Julia www.julieandjulia.com/ starring Meryl Streep as Julia Child.  I must admit that I had not heard of the movie, nor Julia Child.  Must have been before my time in Canada.   So I can only take the word of my girlfriends that Meryl Streep's rendition of Mrs. Child was to a "T"...  But of course, I would not have expected anything else from such a truly gifted actress.  This movie was definitely a feel-good, chick-flick movie, which left me with the urge of wanting to cook Boeuf Bourguignon.
 
Today was truly a Smörgåsbord of Simple Pleasures.  Wonder if one can O.D. on that??

No comments:

Post a Comment