Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tranquility

I love the feeling of walking along a path and not knowing what's behind the bend.  

I love standing on the beach, watching and hearing the sound of the waves hitting the shore.

I enjoy the sound of birds chirping nearby and the smell of freshly cut grass.   

The clouds towering over the bay and laughter from the children in the sailboats is a beautiful sight.   

The young families enjoying the park brings back happy memories. 

I smile as I spend an hour exploring Frenchman's Bay area while waiting for my son to finish sailing.  

This is my Tranquility on a Tuesday evening.


Frenchman's Bay


Tranquillity

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tranquillity (also spelt tranquility[1]) is the quality or state of being tranquil; calmness; serenity n. The word tranquillity appears in numerous texts ranging from the religious writings of Buddhism, where the term passaddhi refers to tranquillity of the body, thoughts and consciousness on the path to enlightenment, to an assortment of policy and planning guidance documents, where interpretation of the word is typically linked to engagement with the natural environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment