Friday, January 7, 2011

Traveling Nerves.. - Aerophobia

I'm getting ready for a week long trip tomorrow.  Myself and hubby will be flying to Ft. Lauderdale  and then boarding the impressive Allure of the Seas for a week long cruise.  I can't say that I enjoy the hustle and bustle of airports and cramped planes, but I seem to have gotten better at handling the situation.  Years ago, I would have had my suitcase ready and packed 2 - 3 weeks prior to the departure.  My stomach would be in knots for days before leaving and I definatlty would spend the night prior to flying, tossing and turning.  On the way to the airport, I would check and re-check my purse, to make sure all my documentation was in order. I even asked my doctor for prescription pills to calm my nerves during the flight.  Imagine going on a week long trip and spending 3 weeks prior worrying about it only to arrive at your destination, enjoy 4-5 days, and then start worrying about the return trip home.
It is now the evening prior to leaving and I still have not fully packed my suitcase; I've been too busy in the past weeks to really think about the trip.  I'm hoping to get a good night sleep and check my documents once in the morning, and then be off to the airport.  Not sure if the frequency of flying, over the past 20 years, has alleviated my weak nerves or if my busy life doesn't allow for me to think and dwell on it too much.   Either way, my aerophobia is more or less gone...and for that I'm thankful. Looking forward to a fun filled, relaxing week aboard Allure of the Seas. http://www.cruiseweb.com/RCI-ALLURE.HTM

P.S. I think I'll pass on the zip-line; need to work on my acrophobia.

1 comment:

  1. all about psychiatry-We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form So user need to follow our privacy pocicy......psychiatry , Aerophobia

    ReplyDelete